晚上睡前,小朋友照例嘰嘰喳喳的問我, "Mom, do you know the nickname of California? It's called "the Golden City"."
(媽媽,你知道加州的暱稱是什麼嗎? 加州又叫做"黃金城市!")

"Golden State?” I wondered.
(聽起來怪怪的,我問他"你是說黃金州?")

"Oh yeah Golden State." He looked a little embarrassed.
("對啦黃金州"他有點不好意思.)

"Then do you know the nickname of Illinois?” I asked.
("那你知不知道伊利諾州的暱稱是什麼?"我問他)

"It's called "the Land of Lincoln".", I continued.
(伊利諾州又叫做"林肯之州")

"I know! It's in Washington DC.", B's face shined up.
("我知道我知道,在華盛頓 DC!"小朋友的臉亮起來)

"Err...I think you meant Lincoln Memorial..."
(我想你是說林肯紀念堂...)

"Yeah! Lincoln Memorial...I think the chair is real. Maybe Lincoln was sitting on the chair FOR REAL when he passed away. And after they took him to THE HEAVEN, they built a statue and put it on the chair." Sounded like typical B's imaginary talk.
(對對對,林肯紀念堂.我想他坐的那張椅子是真椅子,也許林肯死的時候正坐在那張椅子上呢!然後"他們"把林肯帶去天堂,然後作好他的雕像,放在那張椅子上.)

"Who are they?” I asked.
(你說的"他們"是誰呀?)

"Hmm...The builders!" He thinks builders can do EVERYTHING.
(蓋東西的人呀!)

"Oh...I know...maybe they didn't move Lincoln at all! They might have just built the statue on top of his skeletons!"
(我知道了!也許"他們"根本就沒有挪動林肯呢!也許"他們"只是把雕像建在他的骨頭上面!)

The story got a bit scary...May Lincoln rest in peace.

這故事講到後來怎麼變的有點可怕,但願林肯好好安息...

文章標籤
全站熱搜
創作者介紹
創作者 blausea 的頭像
blausea

blausea 我在這裡慢慢潛泳,緩緩漂流前進著

blausea 發表在 痞客邦 留言(8) 人氣(92)